We are a working group that was established on the platform of the Czech Psychedelic Society in line with its purpose, which is to create a space for open discussion on psychedelic substances, their benefits and risks.
We want to provide space for current research findings, sharing views and experience. Our long-term goal is to contribute to the availability of psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy for people with life-threatening illness.
Existential distress does not begin in long-term care facilities or hospices. It can accompany the patient from the first serious symptoms or diagnosis. We support the model of early palliative care as an effort to provide comprehensive services that improve the quality of life in a timely manner.
A brief overview of our current activities and plans for the future can be found in News.
The working group coordinators and web editors are:
- Jan Soukup: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Katarína Klobušníková: email@example.com
- Michala Gregorová: firstname.lastname@example.org
Professional guarantee is kindly provided by:
- prof. MUDr. Jiří Horáček, Ph.D., FCMA, psychiatrist, researcher and Deputy Director for S&R at the National Institue of Mental Health, Head of the Psychiatric Clinic of the 3rd Faculty of Medicine, Charles University
- MUDr. Anna Bravermanová, researcher at the National Institute of Mental Health
- MUDr. Kateřina Rusínová, PhD., specialist in anesthesiology and intensive care and in palliative care, Head of the Department of Palliative Medicine, General University Hospital in Prague
- MUDr. Michal Kouba, specialist in hematooncology and palliative care, Institute of Hematology and Blood Transfusion in Prague
- Anthony Back M.D., specialist in oncology and palliative care, University of Washington, Seattle, founder of the VitalTalk project
How to get involved
- If you work in palliative care and this topic is of interest to you, we will be happy if you contact us and join our working group.
- Support the Czech Psychedelic Society, without whose activities our working group could not have been
- You can support research through the Psyres Psychedelic Research Foundation.